[Ws2-jurisdiction] Multiple Layers of Jurisdiction Document

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Nov 15 02:41:13 UTC 2016

I agree that we need to move on from that straw dog, and I did not mean to imply that you favored changing ICANN corporate's jurisdiction.

My initial reply referenced that the main thrust of OFAC is to prohibit organizations regarded as criminal or terrorist by the U.S. government from conducting business or using the banking system, and that for others outside that focus there is an exemption/licensing option that ICANN has successfully utilized.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050