[Ws2-jurisdiction] first draft of fact solicitation questions

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Nov 24 04:11:26 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 23 November 2016 09:50 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
> These seem well-stated, except perhaps they should not be looking only
> for personal experience, but broaden the request to seek any
> experience the responder is aware of?  So I suggest something like:
>
> 1.       Are you aware of any instance in which anyone's business,
> privacy, or ability to use or purchase DNS-related services, has been
> affected by ICANN's jurisdiction in any way?

I have some larger issues with the objective and spirit of this
questionnaire, but a smaller thing first -- what do you mean here by
'ICANN jurisdiction' . Of course not ICANN's jurisdiction over, but the
jurisdiction over ICANN. If you really mean US state's jurisdiction over
ICANN i think it needs to be said in that many words.  Or whatever it is
should be made clear.

parminder