[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: first draft of fact solicitation questions

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Nov 30 15:38:54 UTC 2016

Kavouss

You seem to think ICANN has some form of statutory immunity.

It doesn't.

It's not subject to ius publicum simply  because it is not a state
actor.  (Public law being understood to be the branch of law that
governs relationships with state actors). Post-transition it no longer
even has the residual formalism of the contract with the Government for
IANA.

Nigel

PS: For the sake of avoiding argument about wider meaning of 'public
law', ICANN, of course, remains subject to the full panoply of state and
Federal criminal law .. but that applies to everyone, all the time, anyway.