[Ws2-jurisdiction] Our work so far, and a way forward

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 17 16:42:10 UTC 2016

Parminder
I have not responded to this because it seems to me that your comments are based on a very extensive misunderstanding of the whole jurisdiction issue and I don’t have time to wade through them all. In a nutshell, you repeatedly mistake the jurisdiction in which a registry is incorporated with the jurisdiction in which ICANN is headquartered and therefore conclude erroneously that US law has an overwhelming influence on the policies. To give but one example, all domain seizures of .com domains have occurred because Verisign is a US company not because ICANN is a California corp. Changing or retaining ICANN’s current jurisdictional situation would not change anything in this regard.

I also think this has been pointed out to you before but you’ve ignored it. So not willing to go into it more,

Dr. Milton L Mueller
Professor, School of Public Policy<http://spp.gatech.edu/>
Georgia Institute of Technology
Internet Governance Project