[Ws2-jurisdiction] ISSUE - unilateral jurisdiction of one country over ICANN

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Aug 19 06:21:48 UTC 2017

Lest my response be mis-interpreted, I should clarify that:

The incidence of and accountability to US jurisdiction and public laws
wrt ICANN as US incorporated entity is not at all comparable to that of
other countries' jurisdiction. It is a simple and obvious fact (though I
know often contested here).

In the circumstances, getting immunity from US jurisdiction/ public laws
is a much higher order problem that to obtain it from other countries.
Right now that is the key problem confronting us.

Having said this, I stand by the proposal for an international agreement
whereby all countries extend such immunity to it in one go...

parminder