[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: ISSUEertion of one country over ICANN

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Aug 20 10:46:19 UTC 2017

On Sunday 20 August 2017 03:42 PM, Nigel Roberts wrote:
> I see you apologise for my sensitivity to the suggestion I am lying
> but not for making the suggestion itself. I find that really quite
> mealy-mouthed.
>
> I invite you, please, to clearly withdraw the use of the offensive
> word "falsehood" which is clearly outwith the standards of behaviour
> to expected.
>
> It seems to me that either
>
> (a) you meant to suggest that my assessment is inaccurate and/or my
> opinion is incorrect or
>
> (b) you are intentionally stating that I am propagating falsehoods
> (i.e. telling fibs, lies etc).

The former. Falsehood is also simply "an untrue statement".
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/falsehood

When I said

It is a falsehood that if provided immunity ICANN can "do whatever it
likes"  (It cannot be a lie bec it is not a matter about which you have
some privileged knowledge any more than many/most others)

it is obvious that it is in this sense the term is used.

parminder