[Ws2-jurisdiction] [EXTERNAL] Re: ISSUE: In rem Jurisdiction over ccTLDs

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Thu Aug 24 15:36:00 UTC 2017

Thanks Nigel. The legislation I mentioned goes beyond cybersquatting as it has extensively used in copyright cases, i. e. concerning the activity within the domains and not the domain as such.
My question is how broad these provisions are, i.e. what other criminal activities can be prosecuted, and whether they present a potential of interference with a TLD (not a SLD), for instance if a TLD were to develop into a copyright-infringement safe-haven...

Thanks and regards

Jorge