[Ws2-jurisdiction] Agenda and Materials for Jurisdiction Subgroup Meeting #20, 9 February 13:00 UTC

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Feb 9 12:04:00 UTC 2017

Greg/ All

A salient question for ICANN legal would be to ask specifically about
how the nature and impact of possible litigation would or could be
different with regard to

(1) the US, where ICANN is incorporated,

(2) vis a vis jurisdictions where it merely has physical presence
whether hub offices or engagement offices (is there a legal difference
between these two kinds), and

(3) vis a vis jurisdictions where there exists no physical presence even.

We cannot conflate the jurisdiction of incorporation with that of other
kinds of physical presence. There is a huge difference between the two...

parminder