[Ws2-jurisdiction] Questions based on Parminder's statements in the last meeting about GAC participation

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Wed Feb 22 17:41:14 UTC 2017

I agree with Paul.

The only thing to add concerns the fourth point.

I think Paul is correct on the fourth point, including where he say that so long as ICANN has any interests/assets/effects in a country, it cannot effectively avoid that jurisdiction.

In addition, many countries have treaties/arrangements to enforce final judgments from other countries – these may be bilateral, regional, or even globally multilateral treaties. So it may turn out that ICANN cannot avoid a judgment even if it fled the realm, taking all of its interests, assets, and effects with it.

David

David McAuley

International Policy Manager

Verisign Inc.