[Ws2-jurisdiction] FW: [CCWG-ACCT] RES: Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Jan 5 18:24:27 UTC 2017

On Thursday 05 January 2017 11:02 PM, Mueller, Milton L wrote:

> Sorry for responding slowly, I took a holiday over the new year.
> Presumably we will talk tomorrow but here are some observations
>

> You say OFAC issue is clear but not others..Others have listed
> <http://www.itforchange.net/sites/default/files/Jurisdiction%20of%20ICANN.pdf>
> OFAC plus non OFAC issues, which are a lot of groups. But lets say
> even with OFAC, what do you propose we do about it?
>

> MM: The “others” you cite who have listed problems is your own
> organization. You may be the only person on the planet who refers to
> yourself as “others.”

Milton, your persistence with misrepresentations, lies and insulting
personal remarks is reaching a limit that would make the work of this
group quite difficult. This may be something the Chairs would want to
look into. Meanwhile, you say that "others" in the above reference to
those who made the quoted statement
<http://www.itforchange.net/sites/default/files/Jurisdiction%20of%20ICANN.pdf>
refers to just my organisation, or worse, to me alone, when the link to
"Others have listed" above directly takes to you a document signed by
practically every civil society organisation in India active in IG,
barring maybe one or two. Plus, it has two of largest global networks of
civil society organisations active in IG, Association of Progressive
Communications and Just Net Coalition whose membership, each consisting
of dozens of global and national organisations, can be seen
respectively, here <https://www.apc.org/en/members> and here
<http://justnetcoalition.org/jnc-members> . When you call a statement
prepared and signed by all these, maybe close to a hundred
organisations, as being a statement by me, and none else, I simply do
not know what to make or do about it. Sorry, but are you out of your mind!

What you say below is not much more rationale - things like, you
actually want the question 4 in some form to go out but have some
superior strategies that, apart from being un-understandable, are
apparently quite opposed to all those who have actually proposed and
supported it (that btw is quite condescending) ; that it is some outside
act that would make ICANN subject to congress and it seemingly is not so
as things are now (a simple private member's bill will take ICANN to
congress; and I also know pretty well how easy or difficult is it to
pass legislation in the congress, you may want to follow how the recent
one on removing foreign sovereign immunity (JASTA) was passed super
quickly despite President's initial veto); and are making your case out
of expectations of what Senator Cruz will probably do in the Congress,
but , now that you broach the subject, I dare say what I did not want
to, nothing about what President Trump may do in the White House, with a
republican congress and senate.......

I have no intention to play this personalised ping pong with you any
further. You are not making any stable rational arguments. However, if
any such does come from you, as from anyone else, I will surely engage.

parminder