[Ws2-jurisdiction] Farzaneh's Question

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:53:01 UTC 2017

I wanted to acknowledge receipt of the emails about Farzaneh's question:

"Farzaneh Badii: (07:28) If you get a response about ICANN jurisdiction
that does not directly relate to the questions but it is a problem that
ICANN jurisdiction raises, is the group going to discard it?or are we gonna
discuss it within the mandate of the group…"

It is certainly a question that deserves a response; indeed, it deserves a
well-considered response.  It is also a question that raises several other
questions, which also deserve responses.

The Co-Chairs have also noted the question, and I expect that a coordinated
response will be more useful to the group.  We will get back to the group
as soon as possible, though it may not be possible to do so in time for
today's CCWG-Plenary call.

Best regards,

Greg