[Ws2-jurisdiction] Epistemological basis of sub-group's working - and my objection to the so called consensus

Schweighofer Erich erich.schweighofer at univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 12 06:47:26 UTC 2017

Please accept cultural differences … not everyone lives in countries were legal concepts are that important as in good old America.

It is very fine that we have a consensus and now it is hard work, in particular for those trying to find problems, alternative solutions etc.

Jurisdiction (like many other topics) is a question of best possible solution, not a beauty contest with a public vote. I may remind you on the public consultation about Investment Dispute Settlement by the European Commission – here, it happened.

Best, Erich Schweighofer