[Ws2-jurisdiction] Jurisdiction Questionnaire: Next Steps

CW Mail mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Jan 19 17:38:14 UTC 2017

Good evening:

Thankyou Greg. Glad we are now getting to the practical phase of this enquiry. I recall already pointing out that it would be necessary to address the questions to as wide a spectrum as possible of potentially interested parties, globally.

1.	I would not favour a passive publication on ICANN or IANA sites. Nor a public comment request, which it is not.

2.	If the questionnaire is published as a survey, which would be more appropriate, then it would be desirable to send a 'push' message to all relevant addresses.

	Here, I think we need some guidance from ICANN staff. How does ICANN collect and maintain the data bases of addresses for all members of the relevant communities?
	For instance, I recall that the studies conducted for the CCT ('competition and consumer trust') WG collected information and statistics from a large number of respondents. How was that done?

3.	In any event, the questionnaire should be translated into all the ICANN working languages before publication. We could be getting on with that whilst the other issues are being addressed.

Regards

CW