[Ws2-jurisdiction] RESPONSE REQUESTED: Questions for ICANN Legal regarding OFAC and other sanctions

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 21:37:02 UTC 2017

Dear Greg

questions :

   1.

   When, how and who raised the applicability of OFAC TERMS  with respect
   to Gtld and CC TLD with ICANN
   2.

   Did ICANN react on that issue indicating the consequence of eventual
   application of OFAC terms to DNS, including ccTLDs
   3.

   What is the relation between gTLD , and  ccTLD, on the one hand and  and
   OFAC,on the other hand
   4.

   How OFAC terms and conditions could impact gTLD and ccTLD
   5.

   Could OFAC terms prevents the Registry and / or Registrar directly or
   indirectly not  to enter into discussion or agreement with those countries
   under OFAC sanction  requesting gTLD
   6.

   Was the eventual applicability of a given OFAC terms to gTLD and ccTLD

   Included in the agreements with Registries and / or Registrar ,if yes
   based on what justification and which ICANN Resolutions
   7.

   In application of given terms of OFAC are there differences between
   Registries and

   Registrars from USA and Non USA ones
   8.

   I would appreciate very much to include these questions among those to
   be answered by Sam supported by an equivalent written document as I did
   mentioned
   9.

   Regards
   10.