[Ws2-jurisdiction] FW: Questions based on Parminder's statements in the last meeting about GAC participation

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:24:03 UTC 2017

Hello Greg,

I am concerned at the various direction we are taking with this. You posed
a way forward today and you got responses to that, now you are coming back
to this one. Can we try to have a clear direction please and stop going
around in circles with confusing questions.

This is quite straightforward, we should give opportunity to hear any
possible issues/concerns that may warrant considerations for possible
immunity/waiver for ICANN in other for her to better serve the community
without affecting existing accountability mechanisms. If ICANN is
incorporated in another country, we would still be exploring the same
question.

I for one do not know what significant issue exist except the one relating
to OFAC and I think Parminder mentioned a few other but please can you just
allow the opportunity to hear those issues/concerns and let's address them
to the extent feasible.

I am not a lawyer but if there is anything I know about lawyers is that
they can confuse a non-legal mind, because right now I have no idea of what
we are trying to achieve any longer and I don't want to believe that is the
goal ;-)

Regards