[Ws2-jurisdiction] FW: Questions based on Parminder's statements in the last meeting about GAC participation

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:56:39 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seun,
>

> However, we may decide that immunity is not a potential remedy that this
> group might recommend. If that's the case, then we would not be looking at "any
> possible issues/concerns that may warrant considerations for possible
> immunity/waiver for ICANN"  That doesn't mean those issues/concerns can't
> be looked at.  It only means that we would not recommend immunity as a
> possible remedy.

SO: I agree, especially if there are other ways to address whatever "valid
issues" are identified. Discussing the issue is the stage we are yet to get
to.

> In any event, looking at suggestions for issues to analyze is an ongoing
> task, whether those issues are suggested by the questionnaire or by
> participants in the group.  We then need to take those suggestions and
> decide whether they are, in fact, issues for the group's consideration.
> Not every suggestion is going to result in an issue, but we should hear all
> suggestions brought up by the group.

SO:  I agree hence (unless you have been logging the suggestions/issues
already made on various thread on this list), we should start collating the
issues/suggestions and tackle them one after the other for clear record
purposes.

> I hope this is clear.  I certainly don't intend to confuse things!

SO: Noted :-)

> Separately, I will put out a work plan based on today's call and the work
> we have done to date.  Maybe that will help, if this email hasn't helped....

SO: Thanks for that as it will help provide an idea of what has been done
and what is still outstanding.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!