[Ws2-jurisdiction] [EXTERNAL] issues on applicable law

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Tue Sep 19 06:48:11 UTC 2017

Dear Raphaël and all,

Thanks for kick-starting this drafting exercise! I have taken the liberty of redrafting and adding some wording to the Google Docs, using the “suggesting mode”. See attached the resulting Word for those with no access to Google Docs.

The main change is to consider the “menu approach” (your option 1) as the potential recommended course of action, which would increase the freedom of choice and the flexibilities for registries. Your options 2 and 3 would be just possible outcomes and/or solutions that would depend on how the corresponding registry (and ICANN) agree to exercise that freedom of choice.

Hope these changes may be acceptable to you and all – at least as a start for further discussion.

Kind regards

Jorge