[Ws2-jurisdiction] RES: .cat

Thiago Braz Jardim Oliveira thiago.jardim at itamaraty.gov.br
Thu Sep 21 18:43:36 UTC 2017

Dear Seun,

Thank you for the points you raise. I'd only add that, as experience has proven, organisations incorporated under the laws of one country can still be protected (immune) from the jurisdiction of that very country, either generally or partially.

So the risks associated with ICANN's place of incorporation really are not a devil we can't avoid. All it takes is will.

Best regards,

Thiago