[Ws2-jurisdiction] [Ws2-hr] RES: .cat

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Sep 21 19:41:47 UTC 2017

The EU doesn't have a human rights court.

The European Court of Justice in Lux. is the highest court on matters of
EU law.

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg is not an EU
institution. It provides declaratory judgments on infringements by
signatories (47 countries, see
http://www.coe.int/en/web/about-us/our-member-states ).

As a condition of opening a case in the ECHR one must have exhausted
domestic legal remedies first.