[Ws2-jurisdiction] CCWG-Accountability-WS2-Jurisdiction Materials for 18 January 1900 Call to review public comments

Bernard Turcotte turcotte.bernard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 22:43:39 UTC 2018

All,

This is a reminder that there is a meeting of the Jurisdiction sub-group
scheduled for Thursday 18 January 19:00UTC to review the comments from the
public consultation.

The only non-process agenda item is to review the comments from the public
consultation.

To facilitate your work with respect to this please find attached three
documents:

   - The first of these is an aggregation of all comments received to date
   in one PDF document
   - CCWG-Accountability-WS2-Jurisdiction-PublicConsultation-Janaury2018-AllComments
   - The second is the staff summary of all the comments received to date
   in one Excel spreadsheet document
   (CCWG-Accountability-WS2-Jurisdiction-PublicComments-january2018-Summary) -
   there are two tabs one is sorted by commenter the other by subject.
   Additionally these have been colour coded by staff:
      - dark green is unqualified support or agreement
      - light green is support with comment or qualification
      - orange/yellow is concern with rec.
      - red is opposed to the rec.
      - No colour means the comment does not touch on a recommendation
   - The third is a PDF of the spreadsheet should you have issues with that
   format or version of the document.

The  usual process that has been used successfully is to go through the
comments sorted by subject to allow the sub-group to consider all the
comments on a given recommendation or topic and then start working on

As a reminder we are working to an ICANN 61 deadline (9 March) where the
integrated report of all the WS2 recommendations has to presented to the
plenary for approval so it can be published for public comment. As noted by
the co-chairs this date is fixed and any recommendations which are not in
the integrated report will not be considered.

Please note that the Government of France provided comments in French for
which we have requested a formal translation. In the meantime we have
provided a machine translation for your information. We will integrate the
official translation once it becomes available.

Bernard Turcotte
ICANN Staff Support to the CCWG-Accountability-WS2