[Ws2-staff_acct] Staff questionnaire to community

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:39:24 UTC 2017

Avri,

I don't mean to be difficult, but it seems to me that the questions from staff are asking for concrete evidence regarding the existence and seriousness of issues.

If you're saying that the group cannot answer staff's questions because it doesn't have any evidence with which to respond, I can understand that.  However, then adding it to the issues list is really mixing apples and oranges; the staff questions are asking for evidence, not specifying issues.  It implies that the group really needs to spend time collecting evidence to decide whether the issues on the issues list are real issues or whether they should be discarded as non-issues.  It also implies that the work of the group is lagging substantially if it hasn't decided yet what are the real issues to be discussed with a view toward specific remedies for amelioration.

I sense a tendency on the part of the group to avoid specifics and hard evidence, when this is precisely what you need to characterize the issues and verify that they are real.  I think that at some point you have to bite the bullet and get into specifics.

Disabuse me of this, please.

George