[Ws2-staff_acct] Changes made in Rev 1.7 - consensus call for submission to 2nd reading

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:28:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

Am sorry for coming late on this, and like to thank all those who
contributed to this work and I particularly think these said of
recommendations can serve as useful guidelines for other organisations
outside ICANN.

That said, a section of the 3rd recommendation caught my attention and I
quote below, with emphasis on relevant section:

"The* panel could review concerns or issues raised* by the community,
ombudsman, staff or board that at least two panel members determine require
further effort. This panel would *have no powers beyond those of its
members* and their ability to cooperate.

While this panel should work transparently, it will, *at its discretion*,
be able to treat issues that require it, as confidential."

1. It is not clear what the output of such panel will be; I think we could
note that such output of the group will serve as recommendation to the Board
2. I think making the "keeping confidential" optional decision of just 4
members of a group raises a little concern. Hence I think it may be good to
not make confidentiality optional (where confidentiality is due or clearly
stated by the complainant)

The 2 points are not redline for me, and am fine should this be late
already. However, if there is still opportunity to incorporate this, do
kindly consider them.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!