[Ws2-staff_acct] CCWG-Accountability-WS2-StaffAccountability- Draft Recommendations post public comment.

Pam Little pam.little at alibaba-inc.com
Fri Feb 9 05:33:40 UTC 2018

Hi Jordan,
With regard to the original Recommendation #4, the latest draft looks like a complete re-write to me. But based on the attached staff-prepared summary of public comments, this recommendation seems to have received wide community support (from the RrSG, BC, IPC and RySG), with one opposition from the ICANN board.
 I would also note your comment in the spreadsheet:  "JC - understand the scope concern - do not undedrstand the concern vs expectations. Put on agenda for next week" and according to my calendar there has been no meetings held since our group's last call at 17 January 1900.
I would be grateful if you could provide a rationale for the decision to reject Recommendaton #4 and the rewrite now reflected in Recommendation #3. Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Pam ------------------------------------------------------------------Sender:Bernard Turcotte <turcotte.bernard at gmail.com>Sent at:2018 Feb 9 (Fri) 07:49To:ws2-staff_acct <ws2-staff_acct at icann.org>Subject:[Ws2-staff_acct] CCWG-Accountability-WS2-StaffAccountability- Draft Recommendations post public comment.
All,
Given the difficulty in getting quorum for meetings of the sub-group coupled with the urgency to complete the review of these recommendations in light of the public comments, so they can be included in the WS2 final report,  a new draft of the recommendations has been produced which incorporates what the rapporteur considers required changes to address the public comments which have been made.
Attached to this email you will find both a clean and a red-lined PDF versions of this draft document for your consideration.
Please provide any significant comments to the list by 23:59 UTC Sunday February 11.
If there are no significant issues are brought up on the list which need to be addressed, this version of the report will be forwarded to the WS2 Plenary as the final recommendations of the Staff Accountability sub-Group.
Should there be no significant comments by the deadline the work of the sub-group will be considered completed and all future meetings will be cancelled including the Wednesday 14 February 0500 UTC meeting.
Thank You.
Bernard Turcotte for Jordan Carter Staff Accountability Rapporteur.