[Ws2-transparency] WS2 Transparency Document - Second Draft

Olawale Bakare wales.baky at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:28:54 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the draft.

Wale

On 9 Dec 2016 22:01, "Michael Karanicolas" <michael at law-democracy.org>
wrote:

Hi all,

Been a little while, for which I apologize. I was on holiday for a
couple of weeks after Hyderabad, so I've only now been able to work in
the recommendations and feedback that we received. I am attaching a
second draft of this, in preparation for our call next week.

The whistleblower protection section is largely unchanged, as is the
background discussion. The DIDP has a few new recommendations,
stemming from the discussions that took place at ICANN 57. Also, we
wanted to be mindful of the point that was raised about "mission
creep", so we went back to the four subthemes as originally conceived,
replacing the broader "proactive disclosure" section with more
targeted sections on "transparency of interactions with governments"
and "transparency of board deliberations". The former is largely
unchanged from the last draft, while the latter is all new.

Happy reading!

Michael Karanicolas
Senior Legal Officer
Centre for Law and Democracy