[Ws2-transparency] WS2 Transparency Subgroup First Draft Doc

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Tue Nov 1 15:03:37 UTC 2016

Thank you Michael,

I plan to remotely attend the plenary meeting Nov. 2 starting in about 12+ hours.

In case for some reason I don’t make it I suggest two modifications to the latest draft.

First, no change to current DIDP access to root zone or L root information should be made absent express, written buy-in by the SSAC and RSSAC.

And second, non-disclosure agreements and other legitimate confidential handling obligations undertaken by ICANN for the benefit of other parties should not be made subject to overriding policy-based disclosure requirements except to the extent required by applicable law, nor should other party confidential information be disclosed if it would harm that party.

Thank you and best regards,

David

David McAuley
International Policy Manager