[Ws2-transparency] WS2 Transparency - Call with ICANN Legal has been Scheduled

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Fri Sep 1 17:32:23 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Following up on this to let you know that I had a very productive
conversation with JJ yesterday. The focus of the conversation was on the
three main issues under debate - attorney client privilege, commercial
information/open contracting/NDAs, and the duty to document. The recording
should be available shortly, but for all three there was some good
feedback, which I think will be useful in redrafting these exceptions to
mitigate their concerns. Perhaps the most important thing I heard was that
a lot of what we're requesting actually reflects current administrative
practice, which should make it relatively easy and painless to codify.

I've asked Bernard to schedule a call for the week after next to discuss
the revisions, and next steps forward.

Best,

Michael