[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability Work Stream 1 Proposal - Draft Report

Adam Peake adam.peake at icann.org
Fri Apr 17 21:26:05 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the CCWG co-chairs, attached is a first draft of the
CCWG-Accountability Work Stream 1 Proposal.

Please find the related documents in the attachment to this e-mail. They
can also be found on the CCWG wiki at
https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Draft+Report

We have aggregated all the documents we have for the sake of completeness,
but you will find that there are huge parts you are already familiar with.
The scope and definitions part has not been touched in the last weeks. The
same goes for the inventory of existing accountability mechanisms and
input from the community. Hence, the number of pages should be manageable.

We will work on overviews and other means to make it easier to understand
shortly.

The draft only includes introductory chapters, summarizing past CCWG work:

1. Introduction and Background
2. Methodology
3. Definitions & Scoping
4. Inventory of existing ICANN Accountability Mechanisms
5. Input Gathered from the Community - Required Community Powers

In preparation for release of the full document and to get ahead on the
timeline as much as possible we would like to send these chapters for
translation. The chapters remain open for comment after the freeze and we
will take amendments as agreed by the group. The document is considered
draft, if you have any comments or suggested edits, please send to the
list.

Best,

Adam