[CCWG-ACCT] An mplication of accountability models being discussed

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 14 13:59:57 UTC 2015

Tijani, without making a more general comment, I
do have several strong concerns with your proposal:

1. If a group went so wrong with their selection
of a Director as to warrant his/her removal, what
makes you think the Alternate they selected at
the same time would be better? Or even still
applicable given the obvious shift in priorities or perspectives?

2. If I understand correctly, you are proposing
that a number of AC/SO could remove the director
appointed by a particular AC/SO. And they could
do so even if the appointing organization did not
agree. If that is correct, it would allow groups
to gang-up on a director they did not like
BECAUSE of that persons views. To be specific, it
would allow the rest of the community (or a large
part of it) to remove the At-Large Directo even
though At-:Large was happy with the person. Is that your intent?

3. You say that a Director could be removed as
"punishment" over a particular vote. If you think
AC/SOs will likely do this, should we really
trust them to appoint directors at all???

Alan