[CCWG-ACCT] PTI Funding to cover ICANN crisis

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 3 14:52:43 UTC 2015

This was sent to the wrong list and I am now told that a CWG DT has
also discussed it.

But for the record, I was not suggesting that ICANN hold the funds
(which it effectively already does as Bruce has pointed out), but
that the funds be given to PTI who would hold them. The scenario that
drove this suggestion was ICANN facing bankruptcy or other such
fiscal problem where reserves originally held by ICANN are not
available but we want to ensure that IANA could keep running.

Alan