[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Session #15 03 March

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Tue Mar 3 16:39:44 UTC 2015

As I said (again) during the call today, I don't believe it is realistic or even humanly possible that we will have a draft report ready for public comment by 6 April.  We won't have any legal advice back for another couple of weeks from now and our decisions will have to be based on that analysis.

We need to take the time to do this right.  There are so many different moving parts to this work.  We are talking about major changes to ICANN and too many issues are still up in the air at this point to have a proposal out the public's approval in only a few short weeks from now.  We will NOT be only "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" in Istanbul in 2 weeks - we will be just getting to the heart of the issues - IF we are lucky enough to have legal advice back before then.  And the community should be consulting about setting deadlines on these important milestones.

We really do have more time available to us, and we really should take more time to do this right.

Thanks,
Robin