[CCWG-ACCT] the "current text" Re: WP2 Issues from last night's call

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Nov 6 04:16:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 01:12:19PM +0000, Chartier, Mike S wrote:

> 4.  Collaborates with other bodies as appropriate to publish core registries needed for the functioning of the Internet. In this role, with respect to protocol ports and parameters, ICANN's Mission is to provide registration services and open access for registries in the public domain requested by the Internet Engineering Task Force.

Today we polled the IAB, and its consensus is that either the above
text or the previous text (with "such as") is acceptable to it.  This
does not mean the IAB is unwilling to consider or discuss other text,
and I think there are some obvious adjustments that we'd be perfectly
happy to see.  But either of the versions we've been discussing
(assuming the rest of the mission is consistent with it) will work for
the IAB.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com