[CCWG-ACCT] Stress Test 18: bylaw amendment suggestion

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Nov 11 09:38:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.  While I realized that later in the
text it  do include the phrase about it being an honest and genuine
_attempt_, that first line give a different impression and is perhaps
confusing - it certainly is confusing to me.

So in other words, is it correct to read the intention of the proposal as:

- that the relationship between GAC advice and the Board's ability to
reject it would remain the same as it is now with the exception of
requiring a higher Board threshold to vote against of 2/3
- all AC would get the same common courtesy that the GAC is currently
afforded.

_If_ that is the proposal, that is one I can support.  I believe that
the Board can and should reject advice if warranted, just as they can
reject SO recommendations.  I believe there should be redress for such
rejection.  And I have no objection to raising the Board's voting
threshold in that case.

Thanks again for the clarification,

avri