[CCWG-ACCT] ST-18 and 2/3 Threshold Proposal

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Nov 18 15:58:58 UTC 2015

If it's the right thing to do, then it's the right thing to do. Are you saying that if the GAC doesn't realize this it isn't valid?

As others have noted, we are not talking about how the GAC runs its own procedures, we are talking about the status of GAC advice in the overall ICANN process, and about how that advice is treated by the board. It is the community as a whole, not the GAC unilaterally, that gives GAC advice its special status, via the ICANN bylaws. Therefore it is not just up to the GAC to realize this, but up to the rest of us as well.