[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on the Mission statement)

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:12:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:02 AM, James Gannon <james at cyberinvasion.net>
wrote:

> If we can’t come to agreement on alternative wording then we have to
> default back to the existing text that was in the 2nd draft report.

​GS: I disagree with this statement.  I think the recent discussions have
shown substantial ambiguities and areas of dispute around the meaning,
scope, explanation, and interpretation​

​of the text in the second draft report.

Furthermore, we have moved beyond the second draft language in our
deliberations.  I think that some of the changes to the second draft
language have had fairly broad support and there is no reason to throw
those advances out.

At the very least, I think we would need an explicit call for consensus to
determine the current level of support for the second draft language.

Even if we want to *consider* reverting back to the second draft language,
there's no reason to say that we *have to* do so.

Greg