[CCWG-ACCT] Update on Board discussions on the CCWG Update

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Nov 24 09:51:32 UTC 2015

Hello Milton,

>>   it would be impossible to have the information needed to utilize that enforcement power without enhanced transparency and inspection rights.

Understood.   The Board agrees that additional transparency and reporting is necessary.   What the Board is noting is that the details of what this means needs to be developed for practical use.

ICANN already makes many more documents public than is typical for non-profits.   This includes minutes of Board meetings and committee meetings, quarterly financial reporting, detailed annual operating plans, reporting on projects etc.

Where additional information is required by the community - our standard response should be to make it public - rather than rely on having to come into an office an inspect some records.

It is only where a document can't be made public (such as staff salaries) - then it is necessary to have some sort of process for an independent party to inspect and confirm that it is consistent with published policies (e.g the compensation policy).

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin