[CCWG-ACCT] Update on Board discussions on the CCWG Update

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Nov 26 03:01:44 UTC 2015

Hello Milton,

>>  The point of this exchange, if you recall, is whether there should be a pre-defined list of reasons for a board member's removal. I was explaining that there should not be. I was also explaining that this was a settled issue in the reform plan.

OK returning to rational discussion.

The Board has also agreed that the sole designator has the legal power to remove Board directors without cause, and accepts the process for the community to make a decision on doing so.

The point of the Board's comment was to help establish expected behaviour in advance, and then be able to take advantage of that clear expectation when establishing a rationale for the community to consider.  It was not meant to be a limitation on the rationale that could be  written, or the ability of the community to remove a director.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin