[CCWG-ACCT] Personal thoughts on sole member

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Oct 3 13:59:49 UTC 2015

On Saturday 03 October 2015 01:10 PM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> Once again very helpful intervention with clear rationale. Hopefully
> the CCWG will focus on the content and not the author.

Since option 1 at the end of Bruce's email has been stated by a very
large number here to be inadequate oversight, what about considering 2

"- move to a full membership model with appropriate diversification and
participation of members that include infrastructure operators and
users, with appropriate culture and geographical diversity"

Has this ever been considered? If not, why so. When a member of the
ICANN board, albeit in his personal capacity, is stating this to his
second preference after the one that seems to most here to be
inadequate, what is the reason for not considering it.

parminder