[CCWG-ACCT] Dublin schedule changes and work plan

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:01:44 UTC 2015

​The speculation in this thread about how this decision was arrived at is
incorrect.

ICANN developed a plan with 3 options (A = no disruption, B = moderate
disruption, C = significant disruption) for changing the ICANN54 schedule
to add more time for Accountability-related meetings.  This was not
requested (as far as I know) by the CCWG Co-Chairs and certainly not by the
AC/SO leaders.  As far as I know, the impetus for this came from within
ICANN.  (The AC/SO leaders are the Chairs of each AC, SO, Stakeholder
Group, Constituency and RALO.)​  The Chairs were given several days in
which to confer with the stakeholders they represent in order to assess
which option(s) they might find acceptable.

After that, the call Mathieu mentioned took place.  In addition to
AC/SO/SG/C/RALO Chairs, the call included the co-chairs of the CCWG, CWG
and ICG and members of ICANN staff.

Greg