[CCWG-ACCT] Blog post on the Accountability work headed to Dublin

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Oct 14 03:53:40 UTC 2015

Hello Anne,

>>    Did someone hear of a 2/3 majority Board vote that the CCWG Proposal is not in the global public interest?  Is that where we are headed if the processing of public comment does not result in the structure the Board desires?

I vote won't be taken until the Board receives the CCWG-Accountability Board report.

Form the CCWG Charter, the CCWG-Accountability Board Report, shall include at a minimum:

a)     The (Supplemental) Proposal as adopted by the CCWG-Accountability; and

b)     The notifications of the decisions from the chartering organizations

c)     Documentation of the process that was followed, including, but not limited to documenting the process of building consensus within the CCWG-Accountability and public consultations.

When a vote is taken - the Board will take into account the Board report, and all the public submissions that have been made, in making its decision.      This also includes listening to people at the mike at the public forum at public ICANN meetings, and any feedback we get when we meet with each SO, AC, and stakeholder group.  We do lots of listening before coming to any conclusions.

The same as we do for any recommendation from an SO or cross-community working group.

We have followed a similar process countless times for recommendations from the GNSO, ccNSO, ASO.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin