[CCWG-ACCT] Oversight of the Washington Metropolitan Transport Authority

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 14:44:38 UTC 2015

Dear Ken

Thank you. As a community participant, I am more than in favour of the
community fully participating and contributing to the budgetary process.
But rather than think in terms of defined and rigid processes or veto
powers, if we could work towards a model wherein the community would
participate even at the budgetary proposal stage, discuss and debate long
term and short term expenditure items in a climate where the Board and
Staff would listen with commitment and enhanced respect, respond and to
some extend decide together with the community, it would be far less
complicated. Veto or any other form of obstructive power is intricate,
especially in the context of what we normally discuss in ICANN in the
context of capture, unless such powers are articulated akin to Impeachment
provisions that are almost never invoked.

Also, the analogy (analogies are never perfect) is not only about the
powers related to budgetary processes, but very broadly about various
process changes being discussed.

Sivasubramanian M

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>