[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Your public comment re replacement of IANA provider

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Tue Sep 22 07:52:34 UTC 2015

Bruce,

thank you, I am CCing to the ccTLD lists which may have bounced you
:-)-O

I have two points, actually,

most often, if not always, whenever we ask a Board member we hear
something like "I don't know, let me find out".

This is most certainly not a diligent (or fiduciarily responsible)
way of running the affairs of (such) a corporation.  It made me
wonder whether this is incompetence or deliberate.

We also see hear the Board saying it is in agreement with the CCWG
proposal while at the same time putting forward proposals that show
the exact opposite.  In other words, actions speak louder than
words.

The skill (and audacity) displayed here is so admirable that I do
not wonder any longer.

Secondly, ICP-1 doesn't (only) have to go, it never existed.  And
reliance on it by ICANN (in any way) is not only counterproductive,
as it may trigger significant push back from ccTLD Managers which
might have a negative impact on the consensus required for the
transition, it might be misleading the Court.

el

On 2015-09-22 09:25, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
> Sent to wrong list before.  I also did send a separate email to
> Eberhard, and I will respect his preference to only respond to him
> on this list.
>
> Regards, Bruce Tonkin

[...]
PO Box 8421             \     /