[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings, transcript for CCWG ACCT Meeting #4_30 August

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Tue Aug 30 08:01:42 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Meeting #4 - 30 August 2016 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/5xGbAw

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer
MSSI Projects & Operations Assistant
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Notes

Update on ATRT Implementation -  Larisa Gurnick / Avri Doria

Updates Travel Support/Budget - Bernard Turcotte
*        Kavouss Arasteh: Is the return for the 9th or 10th if there is work going on the 9th? to be clarified by staff. Action Item. Staff to confirm if there are sessions attendees need to be at on November 9th or if they can leave on the 9th.

Status of remaining Staff Papers Update - Karen Mulberry

Status of WS2 Subgroups
*        Steve DelBianco: (presents slides on this)
*        Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: SOAC Acct draft is athttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1WTRZZJ9B3Q6BHP6AlDHmoiep8NeshNpomBNM4bBXYpA/edit?ts=57ba7a43
*        Kavouss Arasteh: Is this Mutual Accountability too much detail for this meeting.
*        Farzaneh Badii: This is the mandate but the questions presented by SDB are the ones which need answers.
*        Steve DelBianco: Participants should provide us with input on this.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: I have submitted dozens of questions to the group which need to be answered otherwise it may not be productive to discuss some thing on abstract
*        Avri Doria: There is no group which includes all possible stakeholders. However, each group has mechanisms for obtaining input from others.
*        Mathieu Weill: As a ccNSO appointed member - I can assume with quite a bit of assurance that the ccNSO is not expecting that it be required to be more accountable to the community. Unless we get a clear signal from all chartering organizations this should not be part of the scope for this group.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: We should not go too deeply into theory, implementing such things is very hard and we need to limit ourselves to things which can be implemented - especially mutual accountability.
*        Sebastien Bachollet: Important to allow the group to do its work to help get better accountability for SOACs.
*        Steve DelBianco [GNSO - CSG]: Our charter is to "review and develop" any "improved processes" for SOAC accountability.  As Farzi said, we have to address this, Kavouss
*        Kavouss Arasteh: Until we do not have a clear idea on how the issue will be implemented it is waste of time to go to too much theory
*        Sebastien Bachollet: (presentation of slides). No questions or comments.

ICANN 57 Hyderabad Face-to-Face meeting proposal - Co-Chairs - Thomas Rickert
*        Sebastien Bachollet: Good proposal.
*        Steve DelBianco: We need to prepare our questions properly to get the input we need - we need to focus on key questions.
*        Avri Doria: Steve is right, we need reports prior to the meeting but it does provide good opportunity for discussing key issues.
*        Thomas Rickert: Does this mean we should invite other members of the community?
*        Avri Doria: this would be good, but if not steeped in this the morning session would be best.
*        Kavouss Arasteh: We need to prepare properly so the time is not wasted - we need to work on hard issues.
*        Thomas Rickert: Agree and we will if people support this format. General support for the porposed format.

AOB
*        Kavouss Arasteh: each group should prepare a progress report for ICANN 57. Groups have to listen to everyone especially with respect to Mutual Accountability.
*        Cheryl Langdon Orr: SOAC co-rapporteurs are doing a good job looking at what needs to be done.
*        Thomas Rickert: Adjourned.

Next CCWG Plenary meeting - 13 September 1300 UTC

Action Items:
*        Staff to confirm if there are sessions attendees need to be at on November 9th or if they can leave on the 9th.
Documents
*        v2 CCWG-WS2-PleanryAgenda-30Aug2016 FINAL.pdf<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/60494311/v2%20CCWG-WS2-PleanryAgenda-30Aug2016%20FINAL.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1472540663867&api=v2>