[CCWG-ACCT] "feasible and appropriate" reliance on market mechanisms

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Mon Feb 1 17:59:46 UTC 2016

Dear Becky,

after signing the AoC in 2008 as a step toward a new round, going trough
a round of new gTLDs charging rather high applicant fees (or at least
high enough so as to create barriers to entry for underserved areas) and
solving competing applications trough pure actions, creating a new GDD
and greatly increasing the name space, arguing that ICANN does not rely
on market mechanisms or does not posses the necessary knowledge in the
implications of competition, is an understatement I can hardly believe
in February 2016. Hope the CCT reviews will give us all a more realistic
view.

Best regards

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
+506 8837 7176