[CCWG-ACCT] "feasible and appropriate" reliance on market mechanisms

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Mon Feb 1 19:04:36 UTC 2016

Thank you Becky. While ICANN should not be an authority, the simple fact
of assigning small but well defined “unique” resources in the DNS
space, requires a lot of common sense and technical knowledge of the
implications on the impact of those assignments, be it in the agreements
or in the compliance follow up, or in consumer protection issues. How to
express this responsibility without risking to be called an authority I
have no suggestion. But the previous wording has to be revised or a new
external point for those issues defined, be it IRP or something else.

Best regards

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
+506 8837 7176
Skype: carlos.raulg