[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on Recommendation 6 - Human Rights

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Feb 4 08:32:35 UTC 2016

Bruce

We aren't that far apart.

I agree with your proposed courses of action in order to onboard a Human
Rights dimension to ICANN.

It's the current wording that is wrong.

What I most disagree with is the self-serving drafting that makes it
SOUND like we are saying "human rights are part of our core values"
which when construed legally actually, and clearly says "human rights
are NOT part of our core values".