[CCWG-ACCT] Time to make a decision (was Re: Responses to Rafael's Questions)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sat Feb 6 18:53:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 09:31:03PM +0000, Perez Galindo, Rafael wrote:

> For that reason, I believe it should be very carefully analyzed and assessed, from an implementing and legal POV. Such a decision cannot be taken in a rush, without considering its consequences and possible side effects.

I agree it should be carefully analysed and contemplated, but that
analysis and contemplation should take place before the next call not
dedicated to Rec. 11 (my calendar seems to think that's Tuesday).

The CCWG needs to come to a close and ship something -- even a report
out that there's no solution would be better than more delay.  There
is simply no more time to dither.  The transition (or its failure) is
waiting on this CCWG's output.  The operational communities need to
know what their next available range(s) of action will be.

Moreover, if the GAC really cannot accept this proposed compromise, it
seems at least to me that the hope of any compromise ever being
reached is roughly zero.  Therefore, the CCWG members should vote on
something and move on.  I vastly prefer consensus, but in the
community where I usually work we would have declared this consensus
rough some time ago and closed the discussion.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com