[CCWG-ACCT] Time to make a decision (was Re: Responses to Rafael's Questions)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sun Feb 7 06:33:53 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 07:59:18AM +0200, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
> Yeah, right, toss all accountability, make it happen.
>
> Not.

Really?

What's your leverage?  Suppose that this CCWG does not deliver next
week, such that there is a report that can be adopted by the chatering
organizations no later that Marrakech.

In that case, what reason does the board have to adopt even one
resolution making any of the proposed changes?

If your answer is, "Too much pent up demand," then explain to me how
the same demand doesn't lead the rest of the interested world to
decide ICANN is too broken to be reformed, and to route around the
damage it represents.

We are no longer free to fail and be ignored.  Either we deliver, or
ICANN's internal processes are revealed to be fruitlessly ineffective.
Let's not pretend.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com