[CCWG-ACCT] The GAC made me do it

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Mon Feb 22 17:50:16 UTC 2016

We came to this because no SO/AC must be able to introduce a
challenge against a ccNSO initiated PDP pertaining to ccNSO policy.

And that, much weaker than I like, is not negotiable.

I don't see howe we can speak of long established equilibrium, when
long established equilibrium makes a difference between SO and AC
which this CCWG seems to want to remove.

If the BOARD however wishes to retain the long established
equilibrium between the functions of SO (MAKING Policy) and AC
(ADVISING ON Policy) it has my full support.

el

On 2016-02-22 19:30 , Roelof Meijer wrote:
> So, for clarity, connecting two seemingly separate issues:
>
>   * If a SO-run PDP leads to a bylaw change, blocking that change
>   would /*require*/ /*the support*/ of the relevant SO
>
> And
>
>   * If the board wants to implement GAC advice and the community
>   intends to prevent that by recalling the board, the GAC /*does
>   not even have a say*/
>

> Steve and his board are quite right, in my opinion: “the long
> established equilibrium” is up for grabs
>

> Best,
>
> Roelof
[...]
PO Box 8421             \     /