[CCWG-ACCT] DOCUMENT - Rec 7 – Scope of IRP (first reading)

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Mon Jan 11 17:23:32 UTC 2016

Malcolm raises a point that I am also concerned about.

I’ve been puzzled why DIDP appeals would be part of the IRP. I support including DIDP in an appeals process, but we are very much against restricting it to the IRP engagement, escalation, and enforcement staircase because that process is dependent on the Empowered Community. DIDP appeals need to be accessible to everyone, not just the SOACs, and appeals should not require SOAC approval at any threshold.

What about moving DIDP appeals to the request for reconsideration process? Is there some reason that I am not seeing?

Best,

Brett

Brett Schaefer
Jay Kingham Senior Research Fellow in International Regulatory Affairs
Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy
The Heritage Foundation
214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-608-6097