[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - Preparing for WS2

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 21:22:38 UTC 2016

My comment is intended to be neutral in tone, but to mention perhaps a lesson learned.

Transcripts of sub groups meetings might need to be instigated from the beginning, with an understanding of that for ICANN support.

I am speaking from experience in a different fora, the UN CSTD, where I was able finally to get an agreement to transcripts, and then, viola, no $.

I note that the IGF Secretariat donated the WEBex, and ICANN the transcripts. That is a very different world from our ICANN world, but I hope that we will simply recommend, and then advocate for transcripts not just recordings for this important work.

As I follow the ICANN budget, you can count on my strong advocacy that this is a basic, not an option.

Others on this list are also following the ICANN budget, and we can also advise the Board, in the Public Forums of this important support...
As a given,